Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Beginning My DTS (9/25-10/13)

Hi everyone!

I'm afraid I'm not the most consistent blogger, but I'm going to try and get some fairly frequent updates in here :).
Currently I'm on my third week of my DTS, and it's been a very busy few weeks! Including me, there are 7 girls in my room. Don't worry, we all get along :). We're all in bunk beds which definitely saves space, and we also each have a half wardrobe with some shelves in it.
A typical day on base for me begins at about 6:30 am, when I drag myself out of bed to try to be ready for the day and out of my room by 7 for my personal quiet time with God. Then at 7:30 we have breakfast. At 8 we all pitch in and tidy up the ywam base. At 8:30 we have either intercessory prayer, worship, or a base meeting where we all worship/learn about God together. Beginning at 9:30 am, we have our lectures. Lectures go until 1pm (with a break or two before then), and at 1 we eat lunch. 2pm brings either spanish class or small groups. And then at around 3:30 we have either exercise or our work duties (currently mine is maintenence), and those are scheduled until 6pm, but always with exercise and sometimes with work duties we're done before then. After dinner we either have scheduled activities or free time. 10:30 we have to be in our rooms, and 11 we are supposed to have our lights off. Whew!
First week was mostly introductions to the things that we will be doing during the DTS, such as intercessory prayer, worship, and the basic guidelines.  We also all did our testimonies, and it was pretty cool to get to hear where everyone is coming from. We had our first worship night, which was amazing. God was totally there with us, and it was so awesome to be able to sit in His presence and worship Him.
The second week (this last week) Jack Kody came to speak on the Father Heart of God. I have been blessed with a wonderful Father here on earth, and I am so thankful that I have such a great example of how God feels about me through my Daddy :).  Hearing about this subject was so awesome. It was amazing just to hear about how God's love for us is unconditional, and about how I can never do anything that will make him love me less. We read a lot from 1 John that week, specifically 1 John 4, which is an amazing chapter of the Bible that talks about God's love for us. And it's all about Father God's love, not Jesus', God's perfect love for me and you. The Creator of the universe chooses to love us! Yet another thing from that week that really stood out to me was when our speaker said that God invited us to come on this DTS with Him. We didn't decide to go and then ask God to come. He invited me so that I could spend time with Him and so that He could spend time with me!
And now on week three we have the awesome Amanda Noyes (who used to direct the high school program at my church) speaking on the topic of Justice. Justice is a pretty heavy topic, but the information is so important to know. Today we talked about human trafficking. Human Trafficking is a very hard subject to learn about, and it is so sad to think that it is such a huge issue.  It is so difficult to have hope when faced with all of the information about human trafficking, and my heart breaks for the young girls/women trapped in sexual slavery. But we all have to remember that with God, there is always hope.  God has a plan, and we just need to seek after Him and ask Him how we can help. And we can always pray. Pray without ceasing.

Although it's hard to be away from home and I miss my family, friends, and boyfriend a lot, I am so glad that I am here. I know that God is beginning to do some awesome things in my life and I am excited and nervous for what lies ahead! Thank you so much for your prayers and support, I am so blessed by you all.

Much love,

Kayla Knowles

No comments:

Post a Comment